This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Searching for "Search and Launch"

I just upgraded to 11.10 and really liked the new 'searchand launch' desktop. However, I was messing around with the desktop settings and suddenly the search and launch vanished and I now have just a plain jane desktop. I can select search and launch from the activities but it does nothing to the desktop. Can anyone suggest what I can do to get it back?

Re: Searching for "Search and Launch"

First, ensure that Widgets are unlocked. Then, on a black are of the Desktop, right-click and select Desktop Settings > Layout > Search and Launch and click Apply and OK. Done.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi mvsjes2

You DO KNOW don't you that "plain jane" is now considered, by the people that are a LOT SMARTER than either you or me to be a "perjorative term
      ".

You should now ensicribe...."plain vanilla".....

OOOPS.....no....that is politically incorrect also...it is perjorative to white people....so I would suggest that you possibly ensicribe..."plain...train" since the politically incorrect people DO NOT LIKE TRAINS......I mean....they pollute, they HOG GREEN GRASSLANDS with all those steel rails....

so yes...I would suggest that you substitute PLAIN TRAIN for the politically incorrect plain jane...

or not!!!! WE DO NOT CARE AT KUBU FORUMS we are ALLLLLL ABOUT HELPING!!!! LOL

thanks for the question!!!

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Bingo! Thanks Snowhog, I'd been digging around in the desktop settings for a while, I guess I missed that one. Forehead slapped...

I'll use 'plain tarzan' from now on woodsmoke.

Comment

Working...
        X