Terminal=0
    TerminalOptions=
    Type=Application
    X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
    X-KDE-Username=
    I removed the two lines:

OnlyShowIn=
    Path[$e]=/media/games/Xonotic

as similar lines did not show up in a desktop file that I know works.
    After going into menu editor and saving, now it shows up where it is supposed to in the menu.

I think this qualifies as a bug.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for reporting this finding. Really helped me.

KDE decided to stop showing the icon for FileZilla in Kickoff's Internet submenu not long ago for some reason. I tried to put it back using KMenuEdit but couldn't. Now I know why. I found a file called filezilla.desktop in the ~/.local/share/applications directory. Removing those two lines restored the FileZilla entry in the Internet submenu. It also restored the icon (which had been missing).

I hope this bug gets fixed.

Comment

Re: Can't add items to menu in oneiric

I had this problem when adding a QT monopd client that I compiled from source, but somehow got it to show. I think I ticked a box that said "Show only in KDE" or something
      Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Bug seems to have been fixed in 4.7.3 update
        Paul

Comment

Confirmed, fixed in kde-4.7.3.
          We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Re: [fixed in kde-4.7.3] Can't add items to menu in oneiric

@sithlord48

I swapped to QML launcher as a temporary fix. Unfortunately, it works fine at first, but the favourites get forgotten whenever the computer is closed down.

In the mean time, my entry for /Internet/Opera has disappeared during the playing around. I have returned to the original launcher in case I do even more damage. I have put some items on the panel using the quicklauncher, but it has the drawback of insisting on a link to rekonq as well as the chosen applications.

I will draw on my supply of patience.

Regards
            Roy Leith

Comment

@ doctordruidphd

How does one find out what version of KDE is installed? I have tried to find out with Muon and by adding --version to a few entries in konsole, but with no luck.

Regards
              Roy Leith

Comment

Re: [fixed in kde-4.7.3] Can't add items to menu in oneiric - Work-around

In playing with the .config and .local files (without getting anywhere much) I happened upon a work-around. Run the .desktop file.

Now the program appears in the Recently Used Programs area. Right-clicking permits the addition of the item to either favourites, panel or desktop.

This still does not get the entries into the correct applications catagory, but it does provide menu-based access while we wait for the fix to be distributed.

Regards
                Roy Leith

Comment

Open any kde application and select "About KDE" from the Help menu.
                  Selecting "About [App]" will give you the app version number and kde version.

Originally posted by royleith
                  @ doctordruidphd

How does one find out what version of KDE is installed? I have tried to find out with Muon and by adding --version to a few entries in konsole, but with no luck.

Regards
                  Roy Leith

Comment

Originally posted by pkaplan1
                    Open any kde application and select "About KDE" from the Help menu.
                    Selecting "About [App]" will give you the app version number and kde version.
                    Thanks. It looks like KDE 4.7.2 is out in the wild so there is one more version to go before the fix arrives. Now I've got the applications I want in the panel and in favourites I can relax until the next version arrives.

Regards
                    Roy Leith

Comment

Checking Only Show in KDE causes the item to show up.

Comment

Working...
                      X