This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kde 4.6 b2 - can't launch from panel

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I I posted this in the wrong place!
    (I'm also new to Kubuntu - I've been using Mandriva for years).

This is my problem: Since adding the repository for Kde 4.6 b2, I can no longer launch programs from the panel. I have no problem adding program icons, but when I click them, nothing happens.
    I have no problems launching from Kickoff, though.

Re: Kde 4.6 b2 - can't launch from panel

I think that was mentioned in an earlier thread...The launchers should work when widgets are locked.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
      I think that was mentioned in an earlier thread...The launchers should work when widgets are locked.
      And so they do - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gjartin
        And so they do - thanks!
        Folks, I am thinking of upgrading, but this seems a bit freaky: what does this mean, exactly. I never "loceked" or "unlocked" widgets. Also, do you need to "lock" them one by one? I am pretty confused ... thanks!

Oh, GJartin, welcome to Kubuntu. I am also an ex Mandriva user (my switch from RedHat to Mandrake around 2002 was the most mind-blowing experience I ever had! I also used to help out a bit in cooker. Oh, those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
          Originally posted by gjartin
          And so they do - thanks!
          Folks, I am thinking of upgrading, but this seems a bit freaky: what does this mean, exactly. I never "loceked" or "unlocked" widgets. Also, do you need to "lock" them one by one? I am pretty confused ... thanks!

Oh, GJartin, welcome to Kubuntu. I am also an ex Mandriva user (my switch from RedHat to Mandrake around 2002 was the most mind-blowing experience I ever had! I also used to help out a bit in cooker. Oh, those were the days
          click the cashew and click lock widgets ..........it's that easy ............FYI I'v never locked mine or had a prob with it BUT I'm Kubuntu-10.04 KDE-4.5.3

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Kde 4.6 b2 - can't launch from panel

There are some things you cannot do with the widgets locked, for example you can't put a package launch shortcut on the panel or desktop.

Conversely, if you are subject to making careless or accidental mouse clicks you can cause chaos with your settings while the widgets are unlocked. So mine stay locked, except for panel settings adjustments or things of that nature.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Kde 4.6 b2 - can't launch from panel

oh, thank you both!

Comment

Working...
              X