This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Crashes On Shutdown

I'm running Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit fully updated with KDE SC 4.5, and most times when I shut the system down, Plasma comes up with a dialog saying it's crashed, and when I start the computer back up, the taskbar has lost it's transparency, and I have to switch to another theme to get it back. This has only started happening in the last couple of days, several days after I upgraded to KDE 4.5 on a fresh install of Kubuntu.

Dialog that comes up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5339497/Other/PlasmaError.png
    The PID number often changes, I'm not sure if that normal.

Thanks in advance
    Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 Ghz<br />4 GB RAM<br />NVIDIA GT 220, 1GB RAM<br />Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit<br />openSUSE 11.3 64-bit<br />Windows Vista 32-bit

Re: Plasma Crashes On Shutdown

Open Synaptic (if you don't have it, install it with sudo apt-get install synaptic from a konsole window). Click on the "Reload" button, then reinstall the following two packages (select the package from the list, right-click on it and select "Mark for Reinstall"):

kdebase-workspace
    plasma-desktop
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

I think that fixed it. I've restarted several times, and while Nepomuk crashed once, Plasma hasn't. Thanks for your help!

Is there a way I can mark this thread as solved, like on the Ubuntu Forums?
      Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 Ghz<br />4 GB RAM<br />NVIDIA GT 220, 1GB RAM<br />Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit<br />openSUSE 11.3 64-bit<br />Windows Vista 32-bit

Comment

Just return to your fist post in this thread, click the modify button, and you can add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Plasma Crashes On Shutdown

Thanks.

Comment

It still re-occurs, but less often. Any ideas on what could be causing it, and any solutions other than a full reinstall?

Comment

Working...
            X