X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.5 upgrade error-Solved

Using Kubuntu 10.04

I upgraded to 4.5 and received this error after sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdegraphics-libs-data_4%3a4.5.0b-0ubuntu1~lucid1~ppa1_all.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite '/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/kdcraw.png', which is also in package libkdcraw8 4:4.5.0+svn1136700-lucid~ppa1
    Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    /var/cache/apt/archives/kdegraphics-libs-data_4%3a4.5.0b-0ubuntu1~lucid1~ppa1_all.deb
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Synaptic shows 2 broken dependencies LIBKIPI7 AND LIBKSANE0

Re: KDE 4.5 upgrade error

I had exactly the same problem I fixed it by removing kipi-plugins and related packages you mention above. I did several apt-get update & apt-get dist-upgrade also apt-get -f install to resolve any dependencies issue and make sure all new packages installed and configured properly prior rebooting your computer.

Welp, everything works like a charm now. Infact its getting faster and nicer. Well done KDE team! this is definitely the best KDE release ever
    ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

I had to do prity mutch the same but my errors were difrent.....

BUT my upgrade seems to still be a bit buggy

in fact I think you'r (@ubuntuku ) bug is infecting me

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

From the console:

sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/kdegraphics-libs-data_4%3a4.5.0b-0ubuntu1~lucid1~ppa1_all.deb
        (all of the above on one line)

When it finishes, then
        sudo apt-get install -f
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Once all of that finishes, you should be done.

This is a common problem with packages trying to overwrite each others' icons.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Re: KDE 4.5 upgrade error-Solvec

Thanks Guys-the solution from Doctordruidphd worked. Bye the way this is the first time I had an upgrade
          that didn't complete all the way. I started with 8.10

Comment

Working...
          X