This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Dolphin customize option

I came across this nice feature in Dolphin I haven't yet seen in other KDE SC GNU/Linux distros.

After opening Dolphin go to Preferences -> Customize Dolphin (sorry if this isn't acurate, I'm not running an english Dolphin) -> General.

To the right next to Show tooltips theres a link to Configure which let you choose which things you want to see every time you move your mouse over a file.
    I have never seen that in any other distro yet, so I'm very curious about it: it's a plugin, an option that's need to be expressely enabled at compile time?

Please comment if you have any idea, thanks!!

[img width=400 height=284]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6126/instantnea1n.png[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Dolphin customize option

This is a nice find, really. Thank you. I just activated it and took a look at things with Dolphin. I like this feature.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi Snowhog,

while I'm not running Kubuntu right now - in fact I left GNU/Debian-land about 6 months ago- I tell everybody Kubuntu has excelled ever with it's excellent GUI distribution.
      In my humble long-time distro-hopper opinion Kubuntu devs know better than anyone else how to make a good KDE SC desktop. Granted my desktop is heavily customized, but my departure point has been and still is Kubuntu.

I remember you Snowhog for giving me asistance back when I still used Kubuntu, thanks for your generous work

Comment

To the right next to Show tooltips theres a link to Configure which let you choose which things you want to see every time you move your mouse over a file.
        I have never seen that in any other distro yet, so I'm very curious about it: it's a plugin, an option that's need to be expressely enabled at compile time?
        The developer, Peter Penz, is blogging here > ppenz

The tooltip/information panel (F11) is using the Nepomuk + Strigi pluginns to get the information. If the information is in the Nepomuk database then the Dolphin can show it.

[img width=400 height=307]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6606/configureshowdata.png[/img]

[img width=391 height=400]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5295/tooltip.png[/img]

Links:

> Nepomuk and Dolphin
        > Information Panel
        > Information Panel and Tooltips

> Topic: nepomuk db
        > Topic: [SOLVED]Nepomuk?
        > Topic: Is Nepomuk (search in Dolphin) completely useless?
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

[SOLVED] Re: Dolphin customize option

C00l, his website is full of excellent info, thank you!!

Comment

Working...
          X