This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bookmarks:

Typed into Konqueror's URL. Way cool. Another way to see/access your bookmarks.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: bookmarks:

Options are good.

I just upgraded my Firefox and had to delete and re-install to make it work. That meant that my bookmarks had to be saved. So I saved them as an importable file AND an html file. Well, I like the html version so much I'm just going to start a fresh bunch of bookmarks in FF and not import the file.

This way, the bookmarks work in any browser - Konqueror, Dillo, even Lynx. I keep it open all the time in a narrow window and it's just an Alt-Tab away. Since my fingers are already permanently glued to Alt-Tab this is way fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Juul
      Well, I like the html version so much I'm just going to start a fresh bunch of bookmarks in FF and not import the file.
      For bonus geek-points you can make that file your home page.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

For Firefox and Chrome (including chromium) install The Xmarks extension. You will always be able to reload your bookmarks from the online storage. Also be able to install your bookmarks on any computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
          Originally posted by Ole Juul
          Well, I like the html version so much I'm just going to start a fresh bunch of bookmarks in FF and not import the file.
          For bonus geek-points you can make that file your home page.
          If I had a homepage. Currently I'm looking at over 40 windows and the bookmark file is just one of those - and browser independent.

Comment

Working...
          X