This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are the wallpapers stored

i really like my current wallpapers took a long time to find with kde's wallpaper browser where are they stored so i can back them up

Re: where are the wallpapers stored

/usr/share/wallpapers

Within this directory are individual 'theme' directories within which the theme wallpaper is found.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The "Get New Wallpaper" should connect to the > KDE-Look.org and download the images to the ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/.

~/.kde/share/wallpapers/ is same as /home/<Your_Username>/.kde/share/wallpapers/
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

A quick wallpaper query:

I'm switching to KDE from using GNOME for the past couple of years. If I add walls to the collection from another location on my hard drives will it duplicate the image to my ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/? And can I add a system link form that folder to where I store my existing wallpapers? I'd really prefer to not have multiple copies of 1,0000+ walls cluttering my drive.
        My Blog: I&#39;m Just an Avatar<br />Follow me on Twitter @BostonPeng<br /><br />I wish I had been told moving from GNOME to KDE involved THIS much of a learning curve. I&#39;m not complaining, I just wish I knew beforehand.

Comment

Drag & dropping a folder to the ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/.

The Desktop Activity Settings - Wallaper is now having all images from the linked directory...

[img width=335 height=400]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3769/wallpaperud.png[/img]

Comment

Hmmm. I'm not seeing ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/
            Attached Files
            My Blog: I&#39;m Just an Avatar<br />Follow me on Twitter @BostonPeng<br /><br />I wish I had been told moving from GNOME to KDE involved THIS much of a learning curve. I&#39;m not complaining, I just wish I knew beforehand.

Comment

Hmmm. I'm not seeing ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/
              The KDE will make the directories as needed. If you use the "Get New Wallpaper" the KDE will make the ~/.kde/share/wallpapers/.

or

You could make the missing directories.

Comment

[SOLVED] where are the wallpapers stored

Ah, there it is. (I added wallpapers.) Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X