This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Lancelot Menu and icon text

After upgrading last night to KDE 4.4.0, I no longer have the text for the icons in the Lancelot Launcher. The text shows if I mouse over, but not otherwise. I'm sure that the text did show before the upgrade.
    Attached Files
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Lancelot Menu and icon text

The plasma theme is the Tragedy ?
    > Tragedy
    A darkish theme for Plasma.
    [img width=400 height=360]http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8516/tragedy.png[/img]

It has black text on the dark background. When you move the mouse over the text is "illuminated".

I'm sure that the text did show before the upgrade.
    Yes, that is possible . The KDE 4.4 is not the KDE 4.3 - applications/themes can work fine with the KDE 4.3 but not with the KDE 4.4 .

Something to try

A) Send a note to the developer

B) DIY:

Fine tuning with the Gui: System Settings > Advanced > Desktop Theme Details (?)

More/earlier > Topic: Notification Popups background/text colour
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Yep, if you look at one of the above real carefully you can barely make out text. I've run into that several time past on themes I liked but have since dropped due to that. I've put together a theme with several themes that gives what I like from several of those into one nice theme that is visible and usable.

Comment

Yes, the Theme I'm using is Tragedy - a VERY nice dark theme; one of the best I've found, and one I really like.

The non-showing icon text is only an issue in the Lancelot Menu. I'll stop by the developers web sight and see if this issue has already been identified/addressed. If not, I'll leave a message for the developer and see if he has a fix for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
          Yep, if you look at one of the above real carefully you can barely make out text.
          Well I'll be. Yup, your right. Didn't notice that before.

Comment

Okay, so it appears that it is the Tragedy Theme and not KDE and/or Lancelot. I switched to the Oxygen Theme, and with it - also a dark theme - the text for the icons in the Lancelot Menu appear as they should. Guess I'll pop over to kde-look and post a comment to the developer of the Tragedy Theme.

Comment

Emailed the Tragedy Theme author. He responded very quickly. Had me try a few things - didn't fix it - and then made another suggestion, and that worked.

So here it is. If you change to a dark theme (like Tragedy) and you loose the text descriptions in the menu (they are actually there, but nearly the same dark color as the background), this is how you can fix it.

Rename the ~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/themename/lancelot folder and then copy the /usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/oxygen/lancelet folder into ~/.kde/share/apps/desktoptheme/themename/

Reboot (restarting KDE may be enough). Lancelot now displays correctly.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X