X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 4.4 upgrade in KK cannot set new thems for plasma

The title says it all.

In system settings->advanced->Design details (for similar, mine is in german) has the "apply" button faded out so I cannot apply any new themes.

Any one else?
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: After 4.4 upgrade in KK cannot set new thems for plasma

System Settings > Appearance > Style > Workspace-tab -> Set theme / Get new theme

[img width=400 height=308]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6900/plasmathemev.png[/img]
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Slightly off-topic... with every new KDE release I always miss the previous Oxygen theme... but for this one in particular, I really do not care at all for the new min/max/close buttons in the window decoration. I am curious, has the Ozone windeco been changed too?

Is there any way to save out the windeco from 4.3 and use it in 4.4? The Desktop Theme settings doesn't appear to allow it...

Comment

About Oxygen/Ozone/Nitrogen

I really do not care at all for the new min/max/close buttons in the window decoration. I am curious, has the Ozone windeco been changed too?
        > Oxygen is dead, long live Oxygen

> KDE 4.4 Feature Plan
        KWin - Core

DONE KWin Merged Ozone and Nitrogen window decorations into Oxygen
        > Nitrogen
        The Nitrogen window decoration is a fork of the oxygen/ozone decoration...

Important Note:
        This decoration is now largely unmaintained. It does work (and works well) for kde4.2 and kde4.3.

In kde4.4 the new official oxygen decoration:
        - includes most of the changes present in Nitrogen
        - includes more features (such as window tabbing, shadow configuration, etc)
        - is all in all more polished

Ways to do window decorations

Is there any way to save out the windeco from 4.3 and use it in 4.4? The Desktop Theme settings doesn't appear to allow it...
        There are window decorations that are using image files (Aurorae, Crystal, DeKorator, ...). If the window decoration is using the image files it is easy to move them to the new installation.

With the Oxygen /1/ the decorations are build in to the code. You need to to change the code and recompile it.

Note !
        It seems that only the Oxygen is supporting the grouping/tabs > Topic: Tabs in windows on kde4.4

/1/ I have not looked the Oxygen code but i have the Nitrogen code. There the decoration are drawn by the C++ (Qt).
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X