X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

---Kubunt 910 Panel's desktop pager

Hi all,

With Ubuntu 9.10, I have just switched to Kubuntu desktop from Gnome desktop, the problem I am having is that I don't want to see other desktop's window button at multi-destop pager at the bottom panel when I am focusing on a desktop. I haved try a lot to fix this issue but the result is a failure. When I am using KDE deskop on other Linux system, there is a option in system setting to do that.

I know that all windows buttons are shown as default, but I have been using kde desktop in my own way. Gnome desktop use the my may as default.

Thanks inadvance

Bill Z

Re: ---Kubunt 910 Panel's desktop pager

If you are trying to simply get rid of the pager, all you have to do is:
    Right click any place on the pager. You will see a 4 item menu. Choose "Remove this pager".

However, I may have misunderstood your question. If so, I apologize.

If you are trying to hide the bottom panel (until you want to use it):
    Click on the "cashew" at the end of the bottom panel. Then click on "More Settings". Choose "Auto-hide".

If you are trying to eliminate the bottom panel:
    Click on the bottom "cashew" and choose "More Settings">"Remove This Panel".

If you are confusing the desktop pager with the task manager (as I frequently do):
    Click on the cashew, choose "add widgets", and click on the minus sign for Task Manager. You can then re-install the Task Manager on another panel, if you wish.

Note the command wording is for the en-us version of KDE 4.3.2

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

The current kde version with Kubuntu 9.10 is: 4kdebase-runtime: 4.3.2-0ubuntu4.1
      so I think the kde I'm using is 4.3.2 with minimum changes.

Sorry I did not mention the task manager widget, because i feel it is part of pager widget firstly.
      I describe problem again:

When a certain desktop is alive(called as focused). we can see all task buttons inside mananger widget
      Actually I hope I can only see the the tasks which belong to the current alive desktop.
      Old kde version have a option to control this.

By the way my daugther also feel the difference and say this to me.

Regard!

Bill Z

Comment

Right click the task manager
        Task Manager Settings
        Select "Only show tasks from the current desktop"
        Click OK

Comment

Really thank you, Skunk
          it work! It take me several days to look for it, by google, by forums.
          I wonder why the kde is set like that as default.
          The way I use kde is rare?

Bill Z

Comment

The only thing worse than a bad default value is one that can't be changed.

Comment

Working...
            X