This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Annoying Bug

I've had the same, very strange bug haunting my KDE desktop for the past three months. I went from 8.10 to 9.04 and this bug has followed me from KDE version to KDE version.

What happens:

Press Alt-F2, Krunner dialog appears. I type: gg:jazz

Krunner disappears, konqueror runs and the URL is similar to what you see in the attached image. I tried to log the bug with ubuntu-bug using the PID of krunner, but it loads Konqueror to submit the bug and the URL is similar (preventing me from logging the bug.)

Being able to use web shortcuts in KDE provided me with the ability to setup shorcuts for parts of the web applications I build, it not working anymore is very annoying

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
    Attached Files

Re: Very Annoying Bug

Just tried exactly as you have presented:

Alt+F2 > gg:jazz

Krunner shows: Search Google for jazz

Press enter and Konqueror launched as expected and the search was performed.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Work fine for me too, except I pop up FireFox because I set it for my default browser.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Works for me too like the above poster.

Comment

Working...
        X