This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma crash when using the QtCurve theme

I just installed Kubuntu 9.10. The QtCurve-theme is used for Gnome applications (Firefox). I like this theme, and wanted to use it for KDE applications as well, but plasma won't run after logging out of KDE and then logging back in. If I switch back to the Oxygen-theme everything is fine again.

Anyone know if there is a way to work around this bug, or will I have to wait for a fix?

<Roger/>

Re: Plasma crash when using the QtCurve theme

Originally posted by Roger
    Anyone know if there is a way to work around this bug
    I don't have any problems with qtcurve (I have used it for both gtk and qt theme for a good while), so it's not a universal bug.

Unfortunately the issue will be hard to pin down without any error/log messages (it'll likely help if you can provide those). Does it work initially, when you set the theme? (plasma fails only on subsequent logins?)

Comment

I'll post some log-messages when I get home from work in 6 hours. Happy to hear you don't have any problems with QtCurve, it makes me hopefull about solving my own situation.

There is no problem initially when I set the theme. The problem surfaces when I restart the computer (or log out and then log back in).

Is there a log-file from which I can find messages logged from plasma when I log in?

Comment

You should check at least ~/.xsession-errors (for error messages)

You could also try launching plasma manually (if it fails to load) to see if you get any error messages in konsole (Alt+F2>run "konsole">run "plasma-desktop" in konsole)

Comment

Working...
        X