Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Resize the Favorites Tab in Kickoff Permanently?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I Resize the Favorites Tab in Kickoff Permanently?

OK, I finally moved to KDE4 yesterday. I've been playing around with it, and I have managed to get almost everything set up the way I want it, thanks to searching the forum and google. But I can't find the answer to this one.

When I click on the K button to open the kickoff menu the Favorites folder opens. I have added quite a few apps to this folder, and now I have to scroll down to see all of them. I can resize the folder with Alt+Right Mouse. But it doesn't stick. The next time I open it, it has reverted to the original size. How do I make the resizing stick?

Re: How do I Resize the Favorites Tab in Kickoff Permanently?

An (only slightly) facetious suggestion: Switch to Lancelot, an alternative app-launcher application. It's in the repos. The current (Karmic) appearance of an opened Karmic Kmenu is very similar to the original appearance of Lancelot. The difference is that (if you install Lancelot on the desktop) the menu size is adjustable. I can't vouch for this, if you install to the panel.

Comment

Yes, that seems to do the job. You can resize Lancelot and it seems to remember.

Thanks, askrieger .

Comment

Lancelot - the menuing app that got it right. Have you been to the developers site?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Lancelot - the menuing app that got it right. Have you been to the developers site?
          No, but I will. I certainly like Lancelot better than the default.

Comment

Yes. The developer put a lot of thought into it. I think I'll replace my K Menu with Lancelot. I used to have them 'side-by-side' but, as either are widgets, one can remove/install at will.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I already removed Kmenu.

Comment

Working...
              X