X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get normal desktop Kubuntu 9.10 Netbook remix

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to switch back to the normal desktop in kubuntu 9.10 netbook remix, because it is much more useful than the netbook custome one for me.

I use a MSI Wind u120, and the only linux operative system that had worked flawlessly (with wifi) is KNR. That´s why I need to have this as my desktop system, with the normal desktop settings.

Thanks in advance to all, greetings from Chile !

Juan Palma

Re: How to get normal desktop Kubuntu 9.10 Netbook remix

Currently, you cannot simply switch between the 2. You have to uninstall plasma-netbook and kubuntu-netbook-default-settings and restart. You may also want to instsall the kubuntu-desktop package to pull in any packages the regular Kubuntu has over the K-N-R

Comment

The issue here is that only Kubuntu Netbook Remix makes my wifi usable. the normal Kubuntu doesn´t.

If I remove those packages, I could lose the wifi configuration, or not?

Thanks for your reply !

Comment

Odd, but no as the plasma-netbook is for the plasma desktop layout and setup, while the default-settings is for basic default configurations, not anything user-specific. afaik, the networking stuff and all apps are the same, the only difference is the netbook-specific desktop layout

Comment

Have you tired to mess around with the network settings? I have an EEE900 and it just took me a minute to figure out how to select the wifi connection and all that. Connecting via wifi is a little bit more buried than it is in normal Ubuntu or the remix

Comment

Working...
          X