Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change desktop background from dolphin and/or gwenview in kde4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change desktop background from dolphin and/or gwenview in kde4?

I can change the wallpaper from desktop settings, but there's no option to set a image as wallpaper in dolphin or gwenview.
    It'll be really nice to have a set as wallpaper option in the right click context menu of an image from kde's default file browser. Is there a way to add it? Or... is there a plugin for gwenview for this task? if there is how to install the plugin?
    Thanks in advance

Re: How to change desktop background from dolphin and/or gwenview in kde4?

It'll be really nice to have a set as wallpaper option in the right click context menu of an image from kde's default file browser.
    Maybe the KDE 4.4 will have something like this > Dropping remote content and wallpapers

But as the Aaron Seigo told:
    The "moral" of the story is that I'm happy to help you with the "how" of writing a proper patch for a given feature, but if you don't do it then you'll have to wait until it rises to the top of my priority list which may be, depending on the feature, unpredictable...

Meanwhile > Topic: Service Menus with Dolphin / Two click wallpaper change

Links:

> CLI to set wallpaper
    > change wallpaper & weather wallpaper
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks
      When is kde 4.4 going to release? Will it be available in karmic koala final?

Comment

Originally posted by Luminous
        Thanks
        When is kde 4.4 going to release? Will it be available in karmic koala final?
        KDE 4.4 will be realsed in 2010. It will be available in Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx final.

Comment

Working...
        X