X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable krfb invitations, autostart

Hi all

Running Kubuntu 9.04 with all patches on a Dell D600 laptop.

I ran krfb once trying to connect to my desktop. A rather dissatisfying experience, but that is not the point.

Now every time I start my laptop, Krfb pops up a window "Invittation - Krfb. Welcome to KDE Desktop Sharing". How do I get rid of this annoyance? It's as bad as IE :-X

The configure button on the dialog box does not offer anything useful, nor can I find anything in the Systems Settings. There is nothing in any of the autostart directories that I found.

Thanks,
    JimR

Re: Disable krfb invitations, autostart

So, is everything unchecked in the config dialog for kfrb? If that's the case, I would remove

~/.kde/share/config/krfbrc

Maybe look in ~/.kde/share/apps , but I don't seem to have anything related there.

Incidentally, I also gave up on the krfbc/krdc pair, I had so many issues with those in KDE4 I don't know where to start. Freenx and the nx client did an incredible job for me.

Comment

Thanks, that seems to have done it. Will give freenx a try next time I need it.

Comment

I'm glad!. Please edit the original post and add [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Comment

I know this was flagged as SOLVED but here is some additional help with the krdc krfb problems.
          When I upgraded my server from Kubuntu 8.10 to 9.04--krdc quit working. Also I too got the problem with popups for invitations upon startup. After spending a lot of time with vnc, tightvnc, freenx and x11vnc, I located nomachine nxserver. Say goodbye to all the graphical problems, slow response, no cursor and terrible pink boxes. If you have kubuntu juanty with 64 bit dual processors--download nxclient, nxnode, and nxserver 64 bit. There all free and it even boots the remote user session faster than my local one.
          I wish I saw this message before spending all the time on krdc and others!

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X