This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about KMail - Solved, wave goodby they are gone

Because of a KDE4 and ATI conflict I had to delete the .kde directory for KDE to create another. In the process I lost saved email and the address book. Are they truly gone, or just a pointer to them? If there not gone, how do I recover them? Also KMail always comes up in a window, no matter how many times you make it full screen. I can't seem to find a way to bring it up in full screen mode.

KUBUNTU 8.10
    Acer 5100-3949

Jim

Re: Questions about KMail

I believe they are gone, unless you can restore them somehow... you might want to post the question "Please help me restore deleted files" to get more help on your issue.

This is one of the reasons I ~beg people to never advise to delete .kde when there are issues.. data is indeed stored there. You can always just rename it to something else.

Edit: The exact location my kmail addresses is /home/.kde/share/apps/kabc/ with mail in /.../kmail/

Comment

Re: Questions about KMail

Ditto, you kissed them good-bye. For future reference: it is good practice to not delete but rename unneeded/unwanted folders. Once you are _sure_ that none of the info is needed you can delete it.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
      X