• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing with activities in KDE nightly on JJ

Today I was playing around with activities ind nightly o JJ:
    fintan2@fintanws2:~$ kde4-config --version
    Qt: 4.5.1
    KDE: 4.2.92 (KDE 4.2.92 (KDE 4.3 >= 20090617))
    kde4-config: 1.0
    fintan2@fintanws2:~$
    I love using activities as it lets me use completely different desktop settings according to the "activity" I am working with.

For example I have a normal Desktop activity for working on the net. another for the Office and I could add many more.

Each desktop for each activity is configured differently with different backgrounds and widgets depending on what i am doing.

You can easily switch between activities using the "switch activities" widget.

You can see what I mean here:
    http://www.fintan-gastro-consulting.ch/Activities.png

I came across this today:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...5576?artc_pg=1

and especially this:
    If you want your virtual desktop to switch at the same time as the activity, scrolling certain applications into view, you can enable this KDE experimental feature by editing $KDEHOME/share/config/plasmarc and adding perVirtualDesktopViews=true to the file. One desktop restart later and everything should be working.
    So I went ahead and added that line to my plasmarc and relogged in.

Well, it doesn't seem to work because when I switch activities it does does not change virtual desktops as expected.

I just wonder if any one has gotten this to work
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Playing with activities in KDE nightly on JJ

There is an easier way to do this. Go to the Cashew in the upper right of your desktop and click on zoom out. You should now see a menu in the upper left corner. Click on configure plasma. You should now see an option that says "different activity for each desktop". enable this and it should work
    When you stop learning you die.

Comment

Working...
    X