This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Desktop Effects ruins the video in KDE

I found out the hard way that every time I enable desktop effects in KDE, the video turns the screen white and the computer quits responding (even to ctl-alt-del). I gave up trying to enable the effects after the third time. I have an acer laptop with ATI Radeon 1100 graphics and an external second screen. On reboot, the computer boots until the KDE startup after you log in, then blooie. Deleting the .kde directory cures the problem, but requires redoing your desktop. Is this a problem between kde and the ati drivers?

Jim

Re: Enabling Desktop Effects ruins the video in KDE

your issues sound like the come from your video driver not being installed correctly. i have an ati radeonHD4830 and i had to install my driver manually from the ati site. you can find all about my ati issue on this thread
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Enabling Desktop Effects ruins the video in KDE

I have the same "problem" - well, I don't consider it as such. Instead I put the "toggle compositing" on my dashboard and whenever I fancy watching telly I just turn compositing off.
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
      X