X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nepomuk&Strigi, enable and use

Sorry for hijacking your thread

I just checked and kubuntu-restricted-extras actually includes the Sun version. We just had different manually installed packages before we installed the metapackage

Comment

Re: Nepomuk&Strigi, enable and use

Originally posted by Rog131
      Converting Nepomuk data to the new backend failed. Data may still be recovered manually though.
      That sounds bad.
      Jaunty 9.04 KDE 4.3.2. I started seeing this pop-up message after the Sesame backend for Soprano was installed. Reading this thread, I decided to look at the location of the data and index directories:
      ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/
      There you find two direcories:
      ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data
      and
      ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/index
      I cd'd into the /data directory and found:
      ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/redland
      and
      ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/sesame2
      I checked the dates on the files in both, and those in the redland directory were 'older' than those in the sesame2 directory - those had this evenings date/times. That told me that the redland directory was being used pre-sesame2 backend update.

I stopped Nepomuk and Strigi. I then deleted all the files in the redland directory and then removed the directory. I also opted to delete all the files in the index directory. Then I restarted Nepomuk and Strigi and let it reindex. So far so good.

I think the error is/was coming from the fact that the redland directory was still present - the sesame2 backend installation doesn't clean that up.

My two-cent observation.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X