This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Available HDD Space Bar Missing in Dolphin - KDE 4.2

Well, as you can see now I don't find the bar / gauge with the available space on my hard disk at the bottom of my Dolphin window as I did on previous versions of KDE. My question is how can I get it back? I liked it a lot, it was one of the reasons why I preferred Dolphin over WE... Now I'm forced to right-click on Media or /media/another-partition and choose Properties so I can check how much free space is available on each of my partitions... I must say that could be one of the bad (or worst) things the devs did while working on KDE... It should have been just another option to check that, not the only one, so to say... I would even throw away the slide bar that replaced the previous bar if I could.

Ehem, thanks for reading and / or solving this issue.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: Available HDD Space Bar Missing in Dolphin - KDE 4.2

I haven't actually implemented it, but it looks like if you choose Settings>Configure Dolphin>General there is a "Show space information" checkbox that appears to be unchecked in the default configuration. Why don't you check it and tell us if it works?

Comment

[SOLVED] Available HDD Space Bar Missing in Dolphin - KDE 4.2

Thanks for the tip, I missed it while checking out Dolphin settings. I guess it now looks more glassy... I guess it's weird it wasn't enabled from the very beginning...
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Available HDD Space Bar Missing in Dolphin - KDE 4.2

Nice post. I just noticed a couple nights ago that this was missing (now not default) in the 4.2 final... hadn't had a chance to investigate it yet... thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X