X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE install adive?

Hi,
    I am currently running Kubuntu KDE 3.5 ( i installed KDE on top of Gnome ) and have many different application conflicts ( i presume from the original gnome install ), for example i cannot find any wireless network gui config that just works.
    My question is, if i reinstall Kubuntu 8.04 will it just work? i have never installed a fresh kubuntu before, also if i install Kubuntu KDE3 and if i later want KDE4 will i just get all the same conflicts again?

I have had meny crashs with KDE4 ( i installed it ontop of my current setup) are the crashs its fault or my bloated Desktops ( ie have Gnome, KDE3,KDE4 ) for example Video record never works, the task bar is never positioned correctly and other small things)

I have posted this in the Ubuntu forums also - hope i am not clogging anything up, just wanted some general advice.
    Patrick
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: KDE install adive?

No guarantees, but it's pretty cheap and easy to make a 8.04 Live CD and try it out. See how it likes your hardware. If it looks good, then you can take the plunge and install it. Sounds like it is unlikely to be worse than what you have now ....

Comment

Working...
    X