This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kde4 plasma panel resizable? Yes!!

After todays update to 4.0.2 right click on the panel and it will ask some questions some (like me ) have been waiting for

I am off for a large one
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Re: Kde4 plasma panel resizable? Yes!!

I saw that 4.0.2 was released. I can't wait until I can get mine updated. 8) 8)

Comment

now if only synaptic/adept would actualy update something! lol

Can't wait to break the computer tonight!

Kev

Comment

Did the openoffice.org dependency problem get fixed with this new update? I check this morning and it was still showing BREAK -- but of course, USA mirrors are the last to get the updated packages.

Comment

It's resizeable, but with compositing enabled it looks quite screwed up, plasmoids within the panel don't scale correctly etc... still a lot of work to be done. Better than nothing though.
          Do not understimate fools. Better ones are born all the time and Microsoft is hiring.

Comment

Does anyone know if they will release a HH KDE4 Alpha 2? My Alpha 1 still hasn't posted any updates to 4.0.2

Comment

Actually went and got the Daily image. It works wonderfully!! They're getting there. WOW, to be able to adjust that panel size smaller was great. Wish they would allow Transparencies on it. Would be near perfect then.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise

Actually went and got the Daily image. It works wonderfully!!
                I was wondering what to do with my day off tomorrow -- now I know!

Thanks Moon!

Comment

Is there a way in KDE4 to change the Display Driver without reconfiguring X in Konsole? In 3.5.9 you can go to System Settings --> Monitor and Display and go to the Hardware tab, but I don't see this option in KDE4. Anyone?

Comment

Mine only shows "System Settings KDE3" in the KMenu. My Nvidia Settings utility shows up in the Settings folder. Sorry.

Comment

That's OK, I'm still trying to figure this VirtualBox graphics Enhancement thing out. Driving me nuts!! I'll find the answer, and then I'll post it everywhere.

Edit: Even at 800x600, I'm loving KDE4.0.2. Big improvement for me over 4.0.1.

Comment

Cool... Has anyone noticed that the panel goes Transparent around the edges when Desktop Effects are turned on? Also, is there a new file format for Splash Screens? I'd like to see if it will import mine. Tried as it is for KDE3, but no go.

Comment

Yes, I have noticed this issue as well. It is something that has a bug report already. It's a little annoying, but I'm over it already.

Mike
                          http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

I actually wish it extended to the whole panel. I prefer a Transparent one.

Comment

My screen is now extending past the bottom of my monitor. I can't seem to find any way to adjust it. doh!

Kev

Comment

Working...
                              X