This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find KUser???

Hello. I've got Kubuntu on a partitioned slave drive. When I've booted up in the past I've always been able to access my master drive (hda1) without a hitch. But lately that hasn't been the case. It just doesn't show up in the Storage Media module. So, I tried to mount it. Quite an experiment for me, but lo and behold I got the drive mounted in /mnt/hda1.

But I still couldn't access it! A message said I didn't have permission. So, I logged out and tried to login as root. Couldn't do it.

Looked up a tut -- here: http://www.interwebworld.co.uk/9/con...r-root-logons/

I was amazed to find something this specific. But following his instructions, I couldn't find KUser. I brought up the run command as he said, but it took me to a websearch for kuser. I've looked all over the drive -- no kuser. in Konsole I typed:

find kuser
    find KUser
    find Kuser

no good. No such file or directory.

which kuser

no dice.

Why would I not have KUser and what can I do about it?

Thanks.

Re: Can't find KUser

Install it using your favorite pkg manager.
    txWingMan

Comment

Re: Can't find KUser

Well, as it worked out I found the User Management module in the System Settings. So, I can login root but I was still unable to change the permissions. But I did get a message about a certain file it comes across so I guess I'll have to look into that file.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X