This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 3.x: Customizing user login [SOLVED]

I'm aware that I can use the LoginManager under Systems Setting to customize my login settings, but how / where can I change my login user icon? I couldn't find that feature anywhere ...

Re: KDE 3.x: Customizing user login

K Menu | System Settings | General | About Me
    Click on the default image where it says: (Click the button to change your image)
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

thanks, that was easy. silly me ..

Comment

You're human. Humans are silly! :P

Comment

actually, i had to study hard to become this way ...

... sorry, another newbie question: can i mark this topic as [done] or [closed] somehow?

Comment

I gradually 'aged' into it!

Go to your initial post in this thread. Click on the Modify button. Add SOLVED to the subject line.

Welcome to the Kubuntu Forum.

Comment

Re: KDE 3.x: Customizing user login [SOLVED]

I wanted to add this note to conclude this topic:

(1) I used Systemsettings>About me to customize my image, but somehow the new image didn't show up next time when I logged in. I went to About me, and no image was displayed, and whenever I wanted to click & pick a new one, an error message opened saying ""Your administrator has disallowed changing your image.". (Same when using Kcontrol > Security & Privacy > Password & User account, even when using sudo/kdesu).

... but, I figured out the solution:

Apparently, the login-manager doesn't accept directories other than /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics/users/ (probably something about access rights), and chosing an image from a different directory seems to result in that error message. So, I ...

(2) copied my image to that directory (using the Terminal > sudo cp (image) /usr/share/apps/kdm/pics/users/).

(3) went to Kcontrol > Systemsettings > Login manager, activated Administrator Mode there, selected the Users tab, selected my account from the User Images pulldown menu, and clicked the frame underneath to chose the correct image.

Result: Correct image displayed during Login.

Hm, the fact that I can't chose an image any longer under About Me / Kcontrol > ... > Password & User Control remains, but things are fixed without it ... :P

Comment

Working...
              X