This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 coexist with 3.5.8?

I'm starting to see where installing KDE4 is screwing with 3.5.8. I've not used KDE4 much, but I have noticed some impact with 3.5.8. Is this just me? Can I uninstall KDE4-Core and get things back to some normal behavior? Specifically, the Screen Savers are all screwed up! Sound messed up, but got it working again under 3.5.8.

Re: KDE4 coexist with 3.5.8?

I can't offer any help but I can say I'm experiencing the same thing. It totally killed my wifi setup, took me forever to get it working again. My screensavers are toast, still haven't figured that one out. It's supposed to co-exist but it seems there is some bleed over.

Comment

See if this helps on your screen savers. It did for mine with still a few annoyances because KDE4 will rebuild it again if you log in using it, but at least there is a way.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...1512#msg111512

Comment

Thanks, that did the trick for me also.

Comment

odd. But I did find that the KDE4 screensavers aren't installed as a part of KDE4-core which may account for that. As I said, I will wait until stable KDE4 and worry about it then. I'll live with this until then, which hopefully HH with KDE4 will be worth the re-install I'll do.

Comment

I haven't noticed any screen saver problems but after having to remove and reinstall KDE4 after a update issue my KDE3 has gone a bit crazy. I ended up having to reinstall KDM and have been noticing some other things that got messed up along the way.

Comment

I ended up having to reinstall KDM and have been noticing some other things that got messed up along the way
              YEah, I have had that one as well

Code:
              sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
              Code:
              sudo apt-get install adept-notifier
              Code:
              sudo apt-get install kdm
              should do the trick
              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thanks! I'll try that to see if it makes it "stick". If I log out and back in, KDE4 recreates the problem. Not that it is hard to fix, now that I know how, but could be annoying to some. Glad some of the big guys here are having those issues as well. Nice to know

Comment

Working...
                X