Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE4 (NOT 3.9x) - Plasma/Dolphin - Trash???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 (NOT 3.9x) - Plasma/Dolphin - Trash???

I'm running the full KDE4 install (not 3.9x) for Kubuntu Gutsy. I have 3 questions:

1) Where in the file system is the trash located (it's not /home/<user>/.Trash)?

2) how do I empty the trash??

3) Why does Konqueror-kde4 respond when I open folders under Computer on the new Plasma menu?

Thank You.
    Calvin L. Mitchell<br />Author, Speaker, Musician, IT Professional<br />www.clmitchell.net<br />www.twitter.com/Quasaur

Re: KDE4 (NOT 3.9x) - Plasma/Dolphin - Trash

I've figured out the answer for Question Number 3 (Why does Konqueror-kde4 respond when I open folders under Computer on the new Plasma menu?):

1) Open the KDE4 System Settings app.
    2) Goto the Advanced Tab
    3) Under Advanced User Settings choose File Associations
    4) From the "Known Types" control go to "inode\directory"

In "Application Preference Order" the KDE3 Konqueror was listed first; i removed it, placing KDE4 Dolphin first.
    Calvin L. Mitchell<br />Author, Speaker, Musician, IT Professional<br />www.clmitchell.net<br />www.twitter.com/Quasaur

Comment

I was just about to post the answer Anyway, my answers to the first 2 were as follows:
      1) Where in the file system is the trash located (it's not /home/<user>/.Trash)?
      I'm not sure of its exact location, but you can access and modify its contents via the "trash:/" kioslave in Konqueror, Krusader, and Dolphin.

Same as the above.
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

You can also drag the trash icon from dolphin/konqueror/etc. to the taskbar and it will show up there. But it doesn't have the functionality of the normal trash can (you can't click on it and empty it).

Another place to find the trash can is from the KMenu under the "Computer" tab.

Comment

I have also found that my Desktop Trash can doesn't function either. It's there but always shows full. It will open up in Konqueror (my preferred, not Dolphin) when clicked, but if I right click, it doesn't have the normal options as before. This is a normal .desktop file, so no idea why that basic format wouldn't work, but it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasaur
            $HOME/.local/share/Trash
            Originally posted by Quasaur
            rm -r $HOME/.local/share/Trash/*

Comment

Working...
            X