This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing themes crashes programs in Gnome

I started using Gnome in Kubuntu. I am a new Linux user. I installed Gnome using Adept. It works great except for two problems.

First, when I use the Gnome theme manager to change my theme several programs crash. I get messages such as "Clock has ended unexpectedly" and something else has ended unexpectedly. Those items disappear from the panel. I tried restarting X and adding those items to the panel again, but it does not work. In fact, after I restarted X, Gnome would not start up so I used KDE and the terminal to launch the Gnome theme manager and change it back to the default, which is called Clearlooks. I would like to use a different theme, but something seems to be wrong. I think it does this for any theme but I am not sure. If I try it, it takes a lot of work to get it back to normal.

The other problem is that when I select Edit Menus after right-clicking on the applications menu button the menu editor does not show up. It looks like it pops up and disappears. How can I get it to show up so I can edit the applications menu?

Thanks for the help.

Re: changing themes crashes programs in Gnome

Here is an update on the first problem. I went ahead and tried every theme that I had. Some worked fine and some did not. Unfortunately, the ones that I like are the ones that did not work. They all seem to have something in common, as if they all use the same button style.

The ones that worked are Clearlooks, Grand Canyon, Smokey Blue, and Traditional.

Comment

Re: changing themes crashes programs in Gnome

Same crash happens to me. I just remove installed themes from ~/.icons and ~/.themes now to avoid it.

Comment

Working...
      X