This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnome Preferences

After using Kubuntu for some time i decided to give GNOME a try. I've got it running, but truthfully it's such a pain in the ass to set up.
    I've encountered a bunch of problems where i can't find what i need. Is there any sort of central manager like the system settings or kcontrol in KDE?

Re: Gnome Preferences

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Most of the system settings are scattered under the System menu > Preferences or something like that. I forgot. It's been a month since I last logged in to Ubuntu.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by OuchOfDeath
      After using Kubuntu for some time i decided to give GNOME a try. I've got it running, but truthfully it's such a pain in the ass to set up.
      I've encountered a bunch of problems where i can't find what i need. Is there any sort of central manager like the system settings or kcontrol in KDE?
      \
      It's true...Ubuntu and Kubuntu are so drastically different from one another. There's definitely a learning curve involved when switching from one to the next.

Comment

Applications --> System Tools --> System Settings is the closest that I've found.

Comment

in Gnome press alt-F2 then in the dialog box type "gnome-control-center" without the quotes or you can type the command in terminal.

Comment

You realize that you replied to a quote that was made over four-years ago, yes? And that the OPs posted question is also over four-years old, and hasn't been back in KFN in almost three years?
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well, just in case anyone is interested, by going to System>Preferences>Main Menu>System you can place a check mark in Control Center and Control Center will magically appear under System in the panel.

Comment

Working...
              X