This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time zone not saved

I am running Ubuntu remix on USB flash boot, but I think it is the same as normal hard disk install, most of my settings are save back to the flash when reboot except one, the time zone never save back, I've NTP installed but the time zone is blank, I must re-select the time zone again and again every time reboot, any fix ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Time zone not saved

Yep, me, too, and I would guess most of us. On all Kubuntu's installed to flash drives, and now on sidux live flash drive (although sidux may have it if I can figure out a detail). In any case, it only takes 30 seconds to re-set the time, but it is slightly distracting to have to do so.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I wonder why all other settings can be save back except time zone, weird.

Comment

It seems this problem only on portable boot version, before an official fix, how to I create a script to auto run to correct the time zone on boot ?

Comment

Yes, only on live-persistent Kubuntu flash drive.
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I boot the flash on another PC, guess what, the timezone shows up correctly !! but when I put back to boot on my own PC it still blank and reset to UTC, this is wired enough !

Comment

Working...
            X