X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elon Musk open sources Twitter's algorithm

And it is here on GitHub.
    Here is a graphic.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	twitter_the-algorithm.png Views:	0 Size:	88.4 KB ID:	669614

The code is 54% Scala and 30% Java. It uses TensorFlow and a couple other AI tools to measure "toxicity" and filter the tweets.
    The "home-mixer" decorator that collects the tweets to be displayed on a user's timeline is here.
    So, Musk fulfilled his promise to open source Twitter.

I'll wager that GPT-4 will be fed this code to analyze and improve it, but I doubt anyone will use it to create competition for Twitter.

Oh, the build tools, scripts and project structure is not supplied. When I installed RedHat's 6.0 server OS for the Dept of Revenue I was curious as to how RH could charge $1,500/server and $750/yr renewal fees and not violate the GPL. It was simple. They didn't share the build tools and scripts required, nor the directory structure. There were a total of 750 packages in RH6, IIRC, and each one was individually tarred, zipped and tarred again, and each was put into a separate subdirectory. However, at least one person was skilled enough to download each of those 750 packages, untar, unzip and untar them, then create a build structure with tools and scripts that allowed them to create a RHEL clone -- CENTOS, which is now defunct.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.
Working...
X