This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu then Kubuntu = Bravo!

( Sidenote: Checked out Xandros 4.0 here too. Kubuntu smokes it in every regard.)

Went looking for a distro of Linux I could live with and have found the
    installation, help, forum support, documentation, care and planning for my setup, WELL DONE!.

Originally, my windXPpro has made room on the HD for dual booting Ubuntu Dapper. Then added the Kubuntu upgrade and all went smoothly for me.

Its been 2 weeks of playing, learning and tweaking to get the machine to a place where I can do everything but one or two legacy windows programs on Kubuntu.

Programs like Automatix helped abit getting the machine to where i liked it as did learning about the repositories, etc.

I have not had any real operating issue with the machine or the programs like open office, playing cds or dvds, etc.

There is a lot more that I have learned over the course of 2 weeks and continue to do so.

One of the last things left to do is moving fully to Kubuntu and leavng windxp behind.

There are many compelling reasons for me to do that since this Linux distro has been very cooperative from the start of the LiveCD install.

Looking forward to learning more, helping where I can and enjoying an OS
    that does not need to be "nursed and coddled" simply to work.

Respectivefully,
    Charlie Cacioppo

Update: Sept-6-2006 - its nearly a month that I have been productive on Kubuntu
    and the days of my dual boot system are numbered. There are only a few 'legacy' things that I need to do in windows that barely justify me keeping it there. There is so much that I have learned and will continue on that path. Kubuntu has enabled me to not worry about the OS and merely work (email, browse, research, open office and recreate) from its first installation. Bravo, Kubuntu!
Working...
X