Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a fix for KDE slow mouse scroll wheel settings as it is way to slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a fix for KDE slow mouse scroll wheel settings as it is way to slow.

Hi I have played with the live Kubuntu 24.04 live USB so far an noticed that my scroll wheel settings are way to low and not really that usable. I currently have a logitech wireless mouse. So as I said I played around with the live usb and mouse settings in the live environment and found no setting for scroll speed or a .config file for it. I really want to install Kubuntu but might have to try Ubuntu Gnome instead.
    Last edited by Snowhog; May 02, 2024, 09:05 AM.

Originally posted by Omnios View Post
    I really want to install Kubuntu but might have to try Ubuntu Gnome instead.
    Don't threaten us like that

I *think* that this setting may appear in a Wayland session - which is why you probably have found such a setting in Gnome's live session, perhaps?. The driver used between both of course are the same
    I have the setting for scrolling here on my install, but I definitely am using Wayland.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240502_104115.png
Views:	59
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	678826
    Kubuntu still defaults to X11, and one does need to install the package plasma-workspace-wayland to add this as a login session.
    I am not sure if replacing the libinput driver with the old evdev driver is still a possible solution.

Comment

It could also be possible that you can get such an option for a mouse with xserver-xorg-input-synaptics or something similar in X11 - correct me if I am wrong, can't remember…
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

That is the for many-to-most touchpads, the mouse would be evdev. I think. Maybe?
        Not sure if a switch to xserver-xorg-input-​evdev is still a valid , usable option today, or not.

Comment

Working...
        X