Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems adding and removing network interfaces

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • oshunluvr
    replied
    Looks like the "lo" thing was a bug a few years back. Maybe it's a regression. Luckily, it's fixable.

    Navigate to /etc/NetworkManager and open the NetworkManager.conf file with Kate. Then add these lines to the bottom of the file:

    Code:
    [keyfile]
    unmanaged-devices=interface-name:lo
    and save it. Then restart NetworkManager with this command:

    Code:
    sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager​
    You can enter that in Konsole or if you have Dolphin open, just hit F4 and a terminal will open at the bottom of Dolphin.

    Leave a comment:


  • oshunluvr
    replied
    The answer(s) might be in /etc/netplan/

    Copy the contents of whatever file(s) in there and lets have a look.

    Leave a comment:


  • Supersayano
    replied
    Established network connections are connections that have been set up in System Settings > Network > Connections. Wifi signals that aren't hidden will show up in the System Tray Networks widget. Deleting a Wi-Fi connection that is listed in System Settings > Network > Connections can't "remove" it from the System Tray Network widget.
    Ok, but why doesn't the 'Conexión cableada' network appear in the list of network interfaces on the tray?. And as for the network interface called 'lo'... what is that and why can't I delete it?.
    Thanks and regards...

    Leave a comment:


  • Supersayano
    replied
    Why bother deleting it? However, I can delete one here that I'm not using here.
    The reason I want to delete it is because I don't like having superfluous things that can only cause me errors. So, even though I'm very picky, the truth is that I would like to delete that network, because if it no longer exists, it doesn't have to be there. Isn't there a way to delete it?.


    As far as the "otherhand", it appears you may have two NICs thus two "Cable Connections" maybe? "lo" is your local loopback device. That doesn't show here for me either.
    I do indeed have two network cards on my computer, one is 1 GB and the other is 2.5 GB. Of course the network cable only connects to one of them, but shouldn't the other one appear in the tray, just like it does in the system connections preferences, even if it doesn't have a cable connected?.


    Are you using NetworkManager or systemd-networkd to manage your devices?
    I don't know that, how can I find out?.

    Thanks and regards...

    Leave a comment:


  • Snowhog
    replied
    Let me give my view on this.

    Established network connections are connections that have been set up in System Settings > Network > Connections. Wifi signals that aren't hidden will show up in the System Tray Networks widget. Deleting a Wi-Fi connection that is listed in System Settings > Network > Connections can't "remove" it from the System Tray Network widget.

    Leave a comment:


  • oshunluvr
    replied
    Why bother deleting it? However, I can delete one here that I'm not using here.

    As far as the "otherhand", it appears you may have two NICs thus two "Cable Connections" maybe? "lo" is your local loopback device. That doesn't show here for me either.

    Are you using NetworkManager or systemd-networkd to manage your devices?

    Leave a comment:


  • Supersayano
    started a topic Problems adding and removing network interfaces

    Problems adding and removing network interfaces

    It happens that I am trying to delete a network interface, in this case the one in the attached image called 'Julio César'. As you can see, it appears in the list of networks in the tray, but if I then go to the network connections configuration, this 'Julio César' network does not appear, so I cannot delete it as I would wish.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20241105_190634.png Views:	0 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	683627

    Until yesterday, it did appear in the network connections, then I clicked on delete and it gave an error that I don't remember now but that basically said that it had not been possible to delete it. The fact is that it was deleted from the network connections window, but not from the network list in the tray, as can also be seen in the attached image.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20241105_192648.png Views:	0 Size:	199.3 KB ID:	683628

    On the other hand... could someone tell me what is this network called 'lo' that appears and that does not let me delete? Is this normal? And I would also like to know why the network interface called 'Conexión cableada' does not appear in the list of networks in the tray.
    Thanks and greetings...
    Last edited by Supersayano; Nov 05, 2024, 12:56 PM.

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X