Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen sleep bug KDE 5.27.11

Dear Team,

It is a well know bug from KDE 5.27.11, on Settings -> Power Management -> Energy Settings -> Screen Energy Saving -> Switch off after -> 1 Minute.

Won´t put the screen to sleep regardless of what time you insert in it, the screen will never go to sleep, after a certain defined time by the user.

Thanks

Is it? Do you have a link to a bug report on the KDE Bugtracking System?
    It works here without any problems in Plasma 5.27.x with Kubuntu 24.04 LTS and Debian 12 KDE and has also worked previously with Kubuntu 22.04 LTS and all Backports.

Do you use an Nvidia graphics card by any chance?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Yes you are correct, I have installed Kubuntu on a Dell system and it works, probably I have installed a library that breaks the energy saving

Comment

I'm having some type of screen sleep issue as well. I can't 'wake' the screen after the inactivity time-out. When I physically closed, then reopened the laptop, it did wake, but after 15-30 seconds. I'm using an ASUS ROG GA401QH with Nvidia -- and I did just change to the proprietary Nvidia driver metapackage nvidia-driver-535 .

Comment

One way to see if sleep screen works, is to lock the screen Win + L on the keyboard, and press the escape button, if it screen goes dim, then sleep screen will work, if it doesn´t it will not work, on my office Dell the screen sleep works and the escape button also sleeps monitor, on my home PC, it doesn´t work either screen sleep after some time, and escape key on lock screen, is so weird, on my home I use a AMD GPU, Dell uses Nvidia.

Comment

As anyone managed to fix this screen sleep bug on some machines?

Comment

Working...
            X