reboot after Google Chrome update to newer version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reboot after Google Chrome update to newer version

Since I installed Kubuntu 23.10, I have to reboot very often. Again today with the installation of the new version of Google Chrome stable. This makes me suspicious and I find it strange. It reminds me of Windows behaviour.
    Can someone explain this to me or should I install another operating system as soon as possible?​

Originally posted by Falimor View Post
    I have to reboot very often
    It might help if you say why; for example, does the system lock up, or get slow, or run out of memory?

... the new version of Google Chrome stable...
    Is this the google-chrome-stable_xxxxx.deb, perhaps from the Google Chrome PPA?

You might try the flatpak Chrome, from flathub. Presently the flathub version matches the latest .deb. (I use the flathub Chromium, though not much.)
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Since I installed Kubuntu 23.10, I have to reboot very often. Again today with the installation of the new version of Google Chrome stable. This makes me suspicious and I find it strange. It reminds me of Windows behaviour.
      Can someone explain this to me or should I install another operating system as soon as possible?​
      Do you happen to have the offline-updates option enabled in System Settings? That would install all updates during the next reboot.

Could there have also been other updates as well? There was a kernel update recently, that would prompt for a reboot in the system tray.

Of course you can ignore or change settings for this. The tray icon notification usually only prompts when a kernel or something major like that is installed.

Comment

Working...
      X