Trying Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying Wayland

My only experience with Wayland was on my HP laptop (OLD). There, Wayland was just not usable. But, I just now decided to see how it fares on my new AMD PC. None of the 'failings' I experienced on the laptop are present on the AMD rig. I'll continue to use it for awhile to see how well it does.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Wayland performs well on my 5700G.
    Linux User #454271

Comment

It works well on my 2013 HP HP Pavilion 15-p077sa with an ​Intel Core i3-4030U with Intel HD Graphics 4400

It runs just dandy on my gaming rig. intel i5-13400 and RX6650XT
      Am considering selling the 6650, and trying something "difficult", but team Green is still too effing expensive.
      Maybe I will try an Intel Arc A580, a little bit of a step down, but not common, and even less so on Linux, and quite inexpensive.

Comment

So now I have to correct myself. Plasma (Wayland) runs just fine on my HP laptop; I just tried. It's my KDE neon User Edition running in a VM (Oracle VirtualBox) that doesn't like playing with Plasma (Wayland), and I think claydoh already opined on 'why' that likely is in another thread.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Of course, it works well for me using virt-manager, but of course I do realize that I am usually blessed in terms of things working.
          (except for my arm64 Lenovo laptop, cuz I be lazy and don't wanna go into the weeds yet to do all the things to build and install stuff )

Comment

Wayland is running fine on my I5. only thing is I like to disable touchpad when mouse is plugged in and that will not work on Wayland. ;(
            Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
            X