New to Kubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Kubuntu

I'm not new to Linux Distros, but I'm far from an expert. In the past, I've used Fedora, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Linux lite and Opensuse. I must say that Kubuntu is the easiest and least problematic install I've experienced. Just put it on two older laptops - Windows 8 machines, and so far everything is great. I believe this is going to become the operating system of choice at my church.

Glad you are finding Kubuntu a good fit for you. And Welcome to KFN.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Welcome.
      And you have come to the right place.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Welcome
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Welcome to KFN
          Linux User #454271

Comment

Welcome, dsherrell. KFN is a good place to hang out. 👍
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Welcome to KFN!!

Comment

I wouldn't expect too many differences between Ubuntu and Kubuntu as far as install issues go, other than with the packages that differ, such as the desktop. Did you have problems with Ubuntu installs before?

Kubuntu may be an easier switch for Windows users, though Ubuntu might look more appealing for Mac users. I guess Kubuntu would be an easier sell at your church than, say, FreeBSD! :-)

Comment

Welcome to the Kubuntu Forum, enjoy the journey!
                  Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
                  X