When can I expect the new update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When can I expect the new update

Nothing showed up yet, is it going to be released today?

If I remember correctly, notification of the availability of the upgrade doesn't occur until the first point release (23.10.1).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      If I remember correctly, notification of the availability of the upgrade doesn't occur until the first point release (23.10.1).
      non-LTS don't have point releases.
      usually, *buntu don't turn on upgrades immediately, and sometimes the notification doesn't work.
      Give it a bit, wait for the official announcement, which should link to instructions on starting the upgrade manually, if desired.

Kubuntu haven't formally announced things just yet, though ubuntu have.

Comment

it seems there is a download iso available now but the option to upgarde via sudo do-release-upgrade -m desktop is not possible yet

Comment

Why Ubuntu 23.10 ISOs Have Been Temporarily Withdrawn

https://linuxiac.com/why-ubuntu-23-1...ily-withdrawn/

Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

The Kubuntu 23.10 ISO is still there. I wonder if this only cornerns Ubuntu
            Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
            Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
            install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
              No, Kubuntu may have
              Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
              23.10 has a completely different installer now, Kubuntu is still using the OG Ubiquity.
              For those who still want to download an ubuntu 23.10 ISO image, there is still the "legacy" one, which is still using the previous Ubiquity installer.
              https://ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Comment

well most people people wont be affected even if they use affected iso unless they use a certain language and it will be gone after installation and only stays on the live cd afaik. still cant upgrade via terminal.

kubuntu forums certificate is also expired
                Last edited by kevin01523; Oct 15, 2023, 03:30 PM. Reason: aadd more text

Comment

Originally posted by kevin01523 View Post
                  they use affected iso unless they use a certain language and it will be gone after installation and only stays on the live cd afaik
                  Correct

still cant upgrade via terminal.
                  I just did so myself, but switched the command from -m to -d

I don't know why Kubuntu hasn't made an announcement, perhaps someone is on holiday or something? Small team still, iirc.
                  As to upgrade notifications not going out yet, it has been fairly common in the past to hold off for some period after release.
                  Using the '-d' option forces things to upgrade when the official switch hasn't been flipped on, and it seems that Ubuntu have not done so yet.

kubuntu forums certificate is also expired
                  Fixed, obviously

Comment

Hi,
                    All other Ubuntu´s have new update 23.10.1 but....not Kubuntu....is it a problem? What "bug" 23.10.1 fix? It is the same on Kubuntu?
                    Thanks

Comment

Off topic for jtouso :

"All other Ubuntus …".
                      No - just Ubuntu and Ubuntu Budgie have released a 23.10.1 so far. Probably because of the hate speech in some localisation files of the installer.

Perhaps consider opening your own topic in the future.
                      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Oct 18, 2023, 05:40 PM. Reason: typos
                      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
                      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
                      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
                      X