Cannot Boot after Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Boot after Update

As i was trying to update from command line, some sort of error occured, and anything i try to do did not work. ls, dir, nothing. It tells me segmentstion fault. I tried rebooting, upon which, after grub, it does not go any further and just freezes on a white screen, and nothing works except using the power button to restart. I used a trusty USB kubuntu to boot, mounted the appropriate directories, chrooted into the file system, and everything i try gives me this error. I would really prefer to repair this instead of reinstalling, as i have spent untold hours customizing this particular installation. Though I do have a seperate /home partition, and loosing documents is not the issue, it is heavily modified, and will take me weeks to get it back to the point I was at. Is there anything I can do?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Older, but perhaps it contains an idea or two that are of use to you:
    https://blog.opstree.com/2019/04/02/...ped-in-ubuntu/
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
    X