Installing the latest NVIDIA driver reesults in a few depreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing the latest NVIDIA driver reesults in a few depreciated

I don't know if this is a big deal, but Driver Manager was all greyed out so (I had to use the terminal. These are the first few lines

[ sudo ubuntu-drivers install
    [sudo] password for wilson-test:
    udevadm hwdb is deprecated. Use systemd-hwdb instead.

Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Why it was greyed out I cannot tell, but this output should not mean that ubuntu-drivers does not work anymore - it only means that the developers will have to replace some commands in the future.

Or do you get additional error messages - or does something not work at all?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
      Why it was greyed out I cannot tell, but this output should not mean that ubuntu-drivers does not work anymore - it only means that the developers will have to replace some commands in the future.

Or do you get additional error messages - or does something not work at all?
      No additional error messages so most likely you are correct and the devs need to clean up the installation. I haven't tried much yet so I don't know that everything works. Since that was the only error I noticed then probably not a major issue. I reported it just in case.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Working...
      X