Internal drive showing in "removable devices" in dolphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal drive showing in "removable devices" in dolphin

I recently moved a drive from the sda plug to the sdg plug on the mobo. /dev/sdg connects through a different sata controller on this mobo, and now the drive shows up under 'Removable Devices".

This is apparently because the bios marks that controller's peripherals as "removable", as seen by either:

Code:
    $ cat /sys/block/sdg/removable
    1​
    or:

Code:
    $ lsblk -o path,rm | grep sdg
    /dev/sdg 1
    /dev/sdg1 1​
    In searching for a solution, I came across this post which suggests using something like this udev rule:

Code:
    #/etc/udev/rules.d/62-internal-disk.rules
    KERNEL=="sdg*",ENV{UDISKS_IGNORE}="1"​
    ...but that seems like it would make the GUI ignore the disk entirely, no? I just want it to show up with the "normal" drives in the list in dolphin. Any way to achieve that?

Thanks!

So you cannot change the hotplug flag in UEFI/BIOS for this plug/drive?
    Or doesn't this work?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately the BIOS settings had no effect. BIOS had an option to "force ESATA", "force GSATA", or "auto", it was set to "auto" but setting to GSATA did nothing. It had an option for "IDE", "AHCI", etc, and was set to AHCI with a note that said "AHCI required for hot plug feature", etc, but this also did nothing (I set to "IDE" just to see what would happen). I have the impression that the kernel sees that the controller is of a certain type and sets the "removable" flag as a result, regardless of what these BIOS settings are.

Thus, I was looking for a software solution in the linux configuration...

Comment

Working...
      X