Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Alternatives issue when Panel set to Auto Hide

Ref: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...753#post677753

When I right-click on the the Panel (or the Start button) and click on "Show Alternatives..." nothing happens. This is the case IF you have the Panel set to Auto Hide, which is what I am using. When I set the Panel to "Always Visible", then "Show Alternatives..." works. A 'bug'?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

The same happens here when the Plasma Panel is set to "Auto Hide" with Kubuntu 23.10 (Kubuntu Backports enabled) and Kubuntu 22.04 LTS (both Kubuntu Backports & Backports Extra enabled).
    It also happens with TUXEDO OS.
    I additionally tested it in openSUSE Argon with Plasma 5.27.11, so it is not a (K)ubuntu/neon-specific error​.

All tested in new user accounts.

As all of the above use Plasma 5.27.10/11 but quite different Frameworks and Qt versions this seems to be a bug in Plasma.

Perhaps it will corrected be in Plasma 5.27.12.

Honestly it does not concern me that much, because when Kubuntu 24.04 LTS has been released (also currently on Plasma 5.27.10) I will very probably use Latte Dock there anyway…
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 29, 2024, 04:25 AM. Reason: addes openSUSE Argon
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

I added the test in openSUSE Argon with Plasma 5 above.

Perhaps you would like to write a bug report, if it is important to you? You never know…​
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
        Perhaps you would like to write a bug report, if it is important to you? You never know…
        First, thanks for verifying, and testing in other OS's.

It isn't important to me, as I know 'what' triggers it and 'how' to remedy it.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I've noticed that for a long time. Thanks for the workaround.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Heck, I am sort of miffed that I can't even autohide my panel unless I move it
            I wonder why

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240331_173540-111.png Views:	0 Size:	537.1 KB ID:	677830

Aaaand of course, I have no issues with autohide and showing alternatives, when autohide is working
            Last edited by claydoh; Mar 31, 2024, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X