Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to update software automatically without entering password every time in "Discover"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to update software automatically without entering password every time in "Discover"

Hi, new to kubuntu. How do I get all the software to update automatically without having to enter my password every time in "Discover".

Welcome.

-> System Settings -> System Administration -> Software Update
    -> Update software: -> choose Automatically
    should do the trick.

I would also suggest to enable "Use offline updates:".
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

I would also suggest to enable "Use offline updates:".
      I often hear about it, but I am not familiar with "offline updates.'
      Trying to think it through.
      It must mean that you have downloaded the updates in a file, and then you can invoke that file offline/whenever to install those updates? Googling didn't really spell it out.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Qqmike When in System Settings, scroll down to the bottom and select Software Update. To the right of the check box for Use offline updates: there is a small circled i. Put your mouse cursor on it and you will see:

Offline updates maximize system stability by applying changes while restarting the system. Using this update mode is strongly recommended.
        Actions to be taken on downloaded packages will occur during a reboot, not while the OS 'active'. This is to minimize any possible conflicts that might occur with a Live OS.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Got it! Did it. Thanks, Snowhog. 👍
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X