Graphics crash after waking from sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics crash after waking from sleep

When I try to wake up my computer after it's gone into sleep (deep sleep? unsure on the terminology), all I get is a black screen with an error like this at the top left

[ 3140.9277300] Bluetooth: hci0: unexpected event for opcode 0x0c52

I am able to switch over to a regular TTY terminal so I can reboot from there. How should I go about debugging this?

This machine is originally just windows 11, but I turned it into a dual boot.

CPU: AMD Ryzxen 5 7600X 6-core Processor (integrated gpu as well)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070. Nvidia driver version: 535.129.03

I am using wayland, x11 gives me graphical glitches with snap applications. Additionally, I had to go through the steps listed here to update kernel parameters: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=287947, to fix an issue where my network card was disappearing from the OS's point of view.

I'm seeing a similar problem.

Suspend worked without issues in 23.04, in prior releases, and in 23.10 with kernel 6.2 and earlier.

In 23.10 With kernel 6.5, however, I get the same, or similar symptoms to those described by Synfi. That is to say, suspend appears to work when it is requested. Later, though, when the PC is woken and powers back up, the screens remain blank and inputs from the mouse and keyboard are ignored. Eventually I have to power-cycle the PC.

The PC runs a Ryzen 9 7950X CPU on a Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX motherboard, with an AMD FirePro W4100 video card. The problem persisted when the W4100 was replaced with an AMD Radeon PRO WX 9100.

Comment

I don't know what changed, but I am no longer experiencing this issue.

Comment

Working...
      X