Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Pin to all desktops" button not showing up on windows title bar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pin to all desktops" button not showing up on windows title bar.

Hi all,

Wondering if it is a singular occurrence or is it a bug?.. In the Plasma settings under Appearance->Window Decorations we are able to choose order and type of the buttons we want to display on window title bars.
    One of those buttons is, very much used by me, button "On all desktops" - this buttons makes it possible by clicking on it to pin window to all virtual desktops. Unfortunately this button not showing up on window title bars after I enabled it in the settings.
    Tried various positions, even editing kwinrc - adding ButtonsOnLeft=S to the[org.kde.kdecoration2] section (where "S"=="To all desktops" button). Nothing works...
    Can i ask you to try enable it in Plasma settings menu and get back to me? wondering if it is has something to do with beta install....

And i have noticed just now that neither "Context help" button (question mark button) showing up on window title bars. All other buttons working fine, showing up immediately upon pressing "Apply" in Plasma settings.

Works for me ootb, once I make sure I have added a second virtual desktop - I don't use them.
    I'd try a new user account to see if the same thing happens there.

That config line you added should not be needed, the default config should include it by default, without any added settings as you tried. I added a second button, and that action added this to my kwinrc:

[org.kde.kdecoration2]
    ButtonsOnLeft=MSS​
    - two S's for two identical buttons, Removing the button does remove the entire line

Comment

Working...
    X