Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with the Steam Client libraries missing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the Steam Client libraries missing.

I'm missing three libraries from my Steam Client

"scout runtime container" is not installed.

"soldier runtime container" is not installed.

"sniper runtime container" is not installed.​

How do I get them back? Note: I'm running my Steam Client from a non-admin account and please don't tell me use the Snap version of Steam thank you.

Those are steam components, though I have no idea how you get Steam to re-download or install them.
    The files are all local to the user, so being a non-admin account isn't an issue here, unless maybe you are using a game library located on a different user's home dir or similar?

But, digging a little, try this to have Steam install the Soldier container:
    steam steam://install/1391110​
    and this for Scout
    steam steam://install/1070560​

Comment

There might be some info here: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-runtime
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Thanks both of you. Should I open my Steam client before putting this my terminal?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSapien64 View Post
          Thanks both of you. Should I open my Steam client before putting this my terminal?
          it shouldn't matter, the command probably will start it up, I imagine.
          ......yes, it does.

If this doesn't help (possible), more info on your steam library location might be useful. full path, file system it is on (if on a different drive from your home dirs and OS).
          You may find better help on this in a more Steam-centric location than this tiny corner of the web
          My Steam account has never ever been used on Windows, for 18 years now, and I have not seen this type of error myself.
          Last edited by claydoh; Dec 08, 2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks cool those commands from Github worked. But unfortunately I'm still having some issues my two Linux native games.

Comment

You might take peeks at Steam's forums related to your games, as well as various Steam and Linux gaming -specific Reddit subs

Depending on the games, there are some instances where the Windows version runs better (via proton) the the Linux port. Some of those 'native' versions may not have been the best quality.
              But seeing other user experiences will be useful for troubleshooting or useful run options for the game and your hardware.

Comment

Working...
              X