Citrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citrix

Mods: if this is the wrong forum then kindly move it.

I installed the latest Citrix client. I can get to my employer's site, but rather than open the app it leaves an .ica file in Downloads.

If I try /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica pathto.ica from the terminal I get the following. I've tried Citrix's troubleshooting tips and also searched for Citrix threads on this site, which are mostly old. I have Citrix working on a different, Debian 11 distro. Thanks

(wfica:5724): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:56:16.831: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:1649:16: '-gtk-icon-size' is not a valid property name

(wfica:5724): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:56:16.831: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:1652:16: '-gtk-icon-size' is not a valid property name

(wfica:5724): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 20:56:16.960: cannot register existing type 'GtkWidget'

(wfica:5724): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 20:56:16.960: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(wfica:5724): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 20:56:16.960: cannot register existing type 'GtkBuildable'

(wfica:5724): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 20:56:16.960: g_type_interface_add_prerequisite: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed

(wfica:5724): GLib-CRITICAL **: 20:56:16.960: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(wfica:5724): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 20:56:16.961: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(wfica:5724): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 20:56:16.961: g_type_register_static: assertion 'parent_type > 0' failed

Which specific application, version, etc (and link)?

You are not likely to find much here for the application, but you will probably find more relevant information by branching out for general Ubuntu related searches as well.

The output from the command line unfortunately doesn't look very useful, maybe lines from the very beginning when the program first opens, if possible, may have more useful messages.

Another small possibility is that Citrix's software *might* not support non-LTS types of distro releases very well.
    More likely you are missing some dependency mentioned on some documentation buried somewhere.

But we can better look at this if we know what specific application, version, and method used to install. As much info as you are able to provide.

Comment

Just looking at Citrix's info about the Workspace App for Linux, they seem to be calling out Ubuntu and Gnome packages. There are a lot of requirements for Linux, none of which look too egregious.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix...uirements.html
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
      X