Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flatpack application not allowed in background.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatpack application not allowed in background.

Hello,

I did an update this morning and rebooted my computer. After the reboot, I launched Brave installed with Flatpack for which I had a notification telling me this applicationis running in background, but for Emacs installed with Flatpack as well, I had the same notification, clicked on Find our more and then on "Force quit" and now I can't launch Emacs anymore, it auto-close every time I launch it!

How to allow in the settings a flatpack application to run in backgound?

If you want to see the Kde notifications, here are the same if I launch Upscayl:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230905_171407.png
Views:	124
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	673690

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230905_171433.png
Views:	114
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	673691

Thank you,
    Vincent.

I don't know what's causing you're problem, but there is a .deb for emacs available if that helps. you could try clearing your cache directory or installing and running bleachbit, stacer, or sweeper. brave might not have a .deb, I'm sot sure, if not you could look for a PPA. It's lighter and faster using native .deb instal. Not an answer but maybe a work around.

Comment

Hello Oderus,

Thank you for your reply, I understood when I read it that it might not be such an option on KDE and so that rebooting would fix the issue. Just what it did, rebooting fixed the issue, Emacs is launching normally.

Comment

Force-quitting may have inadvertently corrupted something in the config

Try starting the application from Konsole to show any errors:
        flatpak run org.gnu.emacs

In my very quick tests, the GUI emacs tool crashes when sitting idle for a few moments, with no output in the terminal to see.
        Using the same force-stop option for me did not have the same consequences as you are seeing.
        It just crashes

This flatpak is unofficial, and may just be buggy

Comment

Working...
        X